7 Easy Egg Salad Recipes + Our Classic Egg Salad Recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're an egg salad lover, you will love our collection of delicious and easy recipes. We have classic egg salad, chunky egg salad, egg salad sandwiches, and more. This collection will help make your summer picnics and potlucks memorable and stress-free. Whether you're looking for a dish to bring to your church potluck, a summer picnic, or even a holiday party, egg salad is one of those classic recipes that pleases a crowd.
If you want to make just the egg salad as a side dish, there are some great recipes below. But never fear! If you prefer your egg salad in a sandwich, all you have to do is grab two slices of your favorite bread, toast them, and spread any one of the tasty egg salad recipes below on top to enjoy.
Plus, check out our Classic Egg Salad Sandwich recipe, in full, below. And don't miss our tips for making the best egg salad ever.
Table of Contents
For more recipes you can make for a potluck, try these 13 Best Tuna Casserole Recipes
Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
6 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and chopped
1 green onion, chopped and including some of the green top (about 1 tablespoon)
2 large stalk celery, cut into fine dice (about 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Add chopped eggs, onion and celery and mix well. Add salt and pepper and stir. Chill in a covered container until ready to serve.
To make 4 club sandwiches, you'll need:
2. 12 slices firm white or wheat bread, crusts removed if desired
3. Romaine lettuce leaves washed and dried well
4. Cut crusts from bread to form perfect squares, spread 2 heaping tablespoons egg salad on 9 of the slices. Top with lettuce cut to fit and stack them: bread, filling, lettuce, bread, filling, lettuce. Top with the final bread squares and cut in two diagonally; use a serrated knife and gently press down on the sandwich to make it hold together. Chill, well wrapped, until ready to serve.
7 Easy Egg Salad Recipes
- Ultimate Creamy Egg SaladYou can feel guilt free after eating a whole helping of this Ultimate Creamy Egg Salad. It's a healthy take on the traditional egg salad because half of the mayonnaise is replaced with plain yogurt.
- Skinny Egg Salad SlidersThese Skinny Egg Salad Sliders are a healthy alternative to your usual egg salad. This low-calorie egg salad is made with mostly Greek yogurt and only a dash of mayonnaise, making it much lighter than traditionally mayonnaise-based egg salads.
- Horseradish Egg Salad BagelsThis Horseradish Egg Salad Bagel recipe is a creatively delicious spin on the traditional egg salad. When put on a bagel, it becomes a great breakfast, brunch, or lunch recipe.
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad"This Deviled Egg Potato Salad is sure to be your go-to side dish for summer! It pairs perfect with hot dogs, burgers, fried chicken, or anything off the grill! It will be perfect for your summer get togethers, and it especially has Fourth of July written all over it."
- "French Style Egg Salad Sandwiches are some of the easiest sandwiches in the world to make, especially if you have some hard boiled eggs sitting around in the fridge (like around Easter)."
- Healthy Avocado and Egg Salad SandwichesThis recipe for Healthy Avocado and Egg Salad Sandwiches is not only delicious but really great for you too! You can make this sandwich for your lunch any day of the week for something you'll actually look forward to opening come meal time.
- Lightened Up Egg SaladWhen you're craving a delicious deli salad for lunch or dinner but don't want something that will weigh you down, try this recipe for Lightened Up Egg Salad. Removing the yolks from some of the eggs makes this egg salad recipe healthier than most, but it still tastes just as yummy!
Tips for Making the Best Egg Salad Sandwich Ever
- 1. All good egg salads start with perfectly boiled eggs. The yolks should be just cooked through but not chalky and the whites should be tender.
- 2: Use a box grater to cut your eggs. This will ensure evenness throughout and takes less time than chopping with a knife if you're making a large batch of egg salad for a party or potluck.
- 3. Crush and mix all your ingredients together by hand. They'll be much gentler on the ingredients than a whisk. Once the yolks, mayonnaise, and whatever other ingredients you love in your egg salad recipe are together in a bowl, mix everything up by hand to get a nice consistency with just the right amount of texture!
- 4. Play around with the elements! Besides the basics (i.e. hard boiled eggs, mayo, salt, and pepper), test out flavors and textures for what you like best. Some recommendations include celery bits, sliced radishes (these work better if you're making a sandwich rather than mixed into the salad), onions of any variety (no worries about leftovers if you know how to store cut onions), shallots, finely chopped jalapeno bits, etc. This is your time to get creative!
- 5. For a fresh and light taste, squeeze some lemon juice and add a bit of lemon zest to your mixture. A pinch of parsley also does wonders!
Check out our easy video recipe for Must Have Classic Deviled Eggs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Throw Together Bologna Salad
- Nothing To It Creamy Coleslaw
- La Preferida Three Bean Panzanella Salad
- 7 Easy Egg Salad Recipes + Our Classic Egg Salad Recipe
- How to Make Tuna Salad: 6 Tuna Salad Recipes
- Popeye's Famous Coleslaw Recipe
- Ultimate Creamy Egg Salad
- Sunshine Chicken Salad
- Amish Broccoli Salad
- Traditional Ambrosia Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes