Nothing To It Creamy Coleslaw
Making a big bowl of delicious homemade coleslaw is practically foolproof. Nothing To It Creamy Coleslaw is about as easy as dumping the ingredients in a bowl and mixing ... there's nothing to it! There's no reason to fuss over a complicated side dish recipe. Instead, throw together a batch of this creamy coleslaw and serve it alongside any meal. It's a refreshing, flavorful deli salad that tastes much better than the sore-bought or restaurant kind.
Chilling Time1 hr
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded purple onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- pinch ground cumin (optional)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabage and carrot. Season with salt and let stand for about 20 minutes. Squeeze out the liquid.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with sour cream, Dijon mustard, vinegar and ground cumin.
- Combine cabbage, carrot, onion and coleslaw dressing. Seson with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until serving time, at least 1 hour.
Read NextEasy Macaroni Picnic Salad