Fresh Apple Coffee Cake
Have a sweet morning treat thanks to apples and this coffee cake easy recipe. One of the best coffee cakes you'll make, it's also super easy because you do all of the cooking in a slow cooker. This quick easy slow cooker recipe is bound to please.
If you like this coffee cake recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of the 14 best coffee cake recipes.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 1/4 cups biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened or melted
- 2 apples, peeled cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, if desired
1. Combine 2 cups biscuit mix, applesauce, milk, sugar, softened butter, apples, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and egg. Spread in a lightly greased 3 1/2 quart slow cooker (or spread in a lightly greased baking dish which fits in a larger sized slow cooker).
2. Combine 1/4 cup biscuit mix, brown sugar, firm butter, cinnamon and nuts with a fork or pastry blender to form the streusel; sprinkle over the batter.
3. Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.