Cheery Cherry Bread
Make delicious baked goods from quick easy slow cooker recipes with this cherry quick bread recipe. Use this cherry bread recipes to make one of the best slow cooker recipes around. slow cooker recipes rarely taste this sweet.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup syrup, and cut in pieces (about 1/2 cup).
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat eggs and sugar together until thick and piled softly. Alternately add dry ingredients and the 1/3 c cherry syrup to egg mixture, mixing until well-blended after each addition. Mix in cherries and pecans.
4. Turn into well greased and floured cooker bake pan or 2 pound coffee can. Cover bake pan with lid or if using coffee can, cover with 6 layers paper towels. Set in slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on high 2 - 3 hours. Remove bake pan and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.