Christmas Honey Glazed Ham
This Christmas Honey Glazed Ham tastes just like the home-cooked ham your grandparents used to eat on the farm. A sweet honey glaze makes for a crispy, savory outside and a warm, tender inside. Use a Smithfield spiral-sliced, pre-baked ham to make baked ham recipes like this one. Learn how to prepare a honey baked ham as easily as possible with this excellent recipe for Christmas Honey Baked Ham. This will be a welcome addition to your holiday dinner table.
- 1 spiral-sliced, pre-baked Smithfield ham
- 1/2 cup orange juice or the juice of 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove ham from packaging and place ham on a roasting pan or in a shallow baking dish.
- Tightly cover the ham with foil and heat approximately 20 minutes per pound of ham.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice and honey in a small bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Remove ham from the oven 30 minutes before the end of the heating time and remove foil.
- Apply glaze over the outside of the ham with a pastry brush or spoon, ensuring that the glaze runs in between the slices of ham.
- Return the glazed ham to the oven and heat uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the ham reaches 160 degrees F.