The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
How to Cook Canned Corn
Try our easy canned corn recipes for a quick weeknight win.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Canned vegetables are a weeknight life saver.
They're affordable, even more so if you buy them when they're on sale, and they just hang out in your pantry until you're ready to use them.
However, sometimes knowing the best way to cook them can be a challenge. Take canned corn, for example. Do you drain canned corn before cooking it? How do you season it? Should you cook canned corn in the microwave or on the stove top?
Well, RecipeLion's own Chef Addie Gundry is here to answer all of those questions! Addie has whipped up some delicious canned corn recipes for you to try at home. They are super quick, simple, and flavorful! We call that a true weeknight victory.
How to Cook Canned Corn in the Microwave
Preparation Time1 min
Cooking Time2 min
- 1 can corn, drained, reserve 1 tablespoon liquid
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Did you know that the liquid in canned corn has salt? This adds extra flavor!
Place all ingredients in microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 2 minutes.
How to Cook Canned Corn on the Stove
If you've ever wondered what you can add to canned corn to make it a little fancier, you're in the right place! This delicious recipe includes some easy additions that will give your side dish a little kick. The added flavors are sure to be a hit with your family. They will be so impressed that you were able to transform a regular can of veggies into this tasty snack.
1 can corn, drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup jalapeno slices from can
2 tablespoons parsley
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Combine all ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
Cook for 8 minutes.
Bonus! The Most Delicious Canned Corn Salad Ever
Are you tired of eating the same old canned vegetables night after night? It's time for a change, and this cold corn salad is the perfect inspiration. It combines canned corn with fresh herbs, vegetables, and cheese, for a side dish that everyone will request again and again. It's also super easy to make! All you have to do is combine the ingredients together in a bowl and serve it to your hungry family. If you've been wondering how to dress up canned corn, this is absolutely the answer.
1 can corn, drained
¼ cup onion, diced
¼ cup tomato, diced
¼ cup parsley
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup shredded gruyere cheese
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
If your family likes corn as a side dish, then they are going to love this scrumptious Southern corn pudding. Grandma's Southern Corn Pudding
What's your favorite thing to add to canned corn? Let us know in the comments!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Take that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Easy Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses… Continue reading: "Easy Lemon Pudding Cakevideocam"
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
- Cake Mix Hacks: How to Improve Boxed Cake Mix
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
- Guide to Ground Beef: How to Buy, Store, and Cook Beef
- How to Freeze Eggs
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- How to Store Cut Onions
- How to Reheat Meatloaf
- How to Make Apple Pie Filling
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Meatballs
- Dal Makhani
- Old Fashioned Sour Cream Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Chili Cheese Dog Sloppy Joes
- Easy Rum Balls
- Pepper Crusted Roast Beef
- Chocolate Cookies
- Rava Fish Fry
- Kerala Style Fish Biryani
- Cheese Straws Made Easy With Puff Pastry
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes