No Bake Eskimo Cookies
If you're looking to save a little money this year, try making these No Bake Eskimo Cookies as part of a holiday gift basket you give to friends and family. These bite-sized morsels are chewy, chocolatey, and covered in powdered sugar, which makes for a tasty treat that will please throughout the holiday season. Since this is a no bake dessert, these cookies are easy to make in very little time, however, they do need some time to set. Make sure you make them at least a day or two in advance if giving them as gifts so that they'll be perfect and pleasant for all.
If you're looking for other edible gift ideas for the holidays, try these delightful 3-Ingredient Turtle Candies.
Preparation Time20 min
Chilling Time3 hr
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine soft butter with the sugar, beating with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add the oatmeal and cocoa and stir. Combine water and vanilla and stir in until everything is well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours.
- Place powdered sugar into a small bowl. Scoop portions of the oatmeal mixture with a #2 ice cream scoop or tablespoon and roll in your palms to make golf-ball size bites.
- Drop a few at a time into the powdered sugar at a time and roll to coat.
- Spoon onto foil or parchment paper and allow to sit for 20 minutes before storing in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator, with foil or parchment between layers.