French Chicken Casserole
Cooked on a bed of caramelized onions and baked to a golden perfection, you're going to love this easy chicken casserole recipe. Marinated in wine, the juicy chicken's wonderful flavors come alive with every bite. Make a casserole for the family tonight.
Watch step by step to make this recipe here:
- For Carmelized Onions:
- 3 pounds onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- For Casserole:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced to thin long slices
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano reggiano, freshly ground
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rose or white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Caramelize onion on medium high heat with oil, maple syrup salt and pepper for about 20 minutes or until caramelized, mix occasionally.
- On medium high heat brown the chicken.
- Mix well 1 cup caramelized onions, egg, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano reggiano, wine, flour, sage, beef bouillon cube, cream, garlic cloves, dry thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place the batter into oiled 8in by 8in casserole dish. Place the chicken on top and sprinkle the rest of the Parmigiano reggiano on top of the dish.
- Pop to preheated oven for 45 minutes. Serve and enjoy.