Chicken & Penne Pasta Bake
Casseroles are my family's favorite types of dishes. This wonderful, easy chicken casserole recipe is a staple in my household. Packed with Parmesan cheese, spinach, and chicken, it never fails to satisfy. Make it tonight for a simple, delicious meal.
If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, you can use a regular skillet instead. Just wrap handle with several layers of foil before using as directed.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 3/4 cups Penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 6 ounces Fresh Take Italian Parmesan recipe cheese breadcrumb mix, mixed together
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large ovenproof skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until evenly browned. Stir in marinara sauce.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add to ingredients in skillet; mix lightly. Stir in spinach; top with cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.