Easy Chicken & Rice Casserole
This is the time-saving chicken casserole recipe you've been looking for!
Chicken casserole recipes are always family favorites. Easy Chicken & Rice Casserole is jam packed with chicken, cheese, and rice, and has a bit a kick. You can even make it the night before and toss it in the oven the next day to save time. It's that easy.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Ortega diced jalapenos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole
Combine rice, cheese, chicken, evaporated milk, onion, eggs, cilantro, butter and jalapenos in prepared casserole; stir well.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Season with salt.
For Freeze Ahead
Prepare as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Uncover.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Season with salt.
Read NextThe King of Casseroles