Almond Chicken Casserole
Almonds and corn flakes give this tasty casserole a delicious, crunchy top. Kids can help mix all the ingredients together, too, and even the most finicky ones love to eat what they help cook!
This recipe was featured in 16 Easy Potluck Recipes, a compilation of the very best potluck recipes. Check out the article for 15 other easy potluck recipes!
Cooking Time45 min
- 5 cups chicken, boned, skinned and diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 cups corn flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, yogurt, mushroom soup, chicken broth, pepper, salt, lemon juice, onion, rice, water chestnuts, 1 cup of the almonds, and celery.
3. Place the mixture into a large buttered casserole dish.
4. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup almonds, butter, and corn flakes together and sprinkle over the top the casserole.
5. Bake at 350F degrees for 35-45 minutes.