Cheesy Home Fry Bake
When it comes to easy potato recipes, this Cheesy Home Fry Bake is a delicious dish for breakfast, dinner, or whenever! It's a one pot recipe that includes frozen diced potatoes, cheese, and sour cream. With just 4 main ingredients, this skillet recipe comes together to create a potato bake that's cheesy and comforting. In just 5 minutes, this dish is ready to bake in the oven until the cheese is golden brown and the potatoes are soft.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking MethodSkillet, Casserole
- 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen diced potatoes with onions
- 1 stick butter
- 12 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sour cream
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Melt 1 stick of butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes to the skillet. Saute until well heated & lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Move skillet to oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until edges are dark brown and top is golden brown.
Read NextBeef Nacho Casserole