11 Simple Zucchini Casserole Recipes
These easy zucchini casseroles with hamburger, gooey cheese, and crisp onions are some of the best ever!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Maybe you've been in the vegetable aisle at the grocery store and you've wondered "what can I make with zucchini?" If you just don't know what to do with zucchini, you've come to the right place!
Zucchini casserole recipes are some of the most delicious around. This underrated vegetable makes for one of the heartiest ways to include something healthy in your dinner casserole.
You can easily add other elements to make it more appealing to your whole family. Cheeses, bread crumbs, and even meat all taste great paired with zucchini and the right seasoning. Make the best baked zucchini casserole your family has ever tasted in no time at all. Adding zucchini to your casseroles is the best way to get a serving of vegetables that also tastes great!
Table of Contents
Zucchini can be sweet too! Check out these 13 Easy Zucchini Desserts
11 Simple Zucchini Casserole Recipes
- Zucchini Cheese CasseroleThis easy side dish recipe is as simple as mixing the ingredients together and baking! Once it's done, you'll have a savory, soft casserole recipe that's packed with veggies and full of flavor.
- Gooey Zucchini and Potato CasseroleWhether you love zucchini or are just trying to sneak in more vegetables, this might be the best way to enjoy the vegetable! It's an easy side dish recipe everyone is sure to love, made with hash browns, cheese, Panko bread crumbs, and more cheese.
- Easy Zucchini FrittersThe combination of zucchini, onion, butter and a few other simple ingredients makes these fritters "viciously addictive."
- Baked Zucchini BitesThese healthy snacks are made from a combination of zucchini, cheese, garlic, and onion. Zucchini bites are very easy to make.
- Bisquick Zucchini CasseroleThis simple Bisquick zucchini casserole is comfort food at its best. This recipe is filling, yet light and fluffy, with plenty of flavor from Cheddar cheese, garlic, and onion (and the zucchini, of course).
- Zucchini Cheddar Puff CasseroleThis zucchini cheese casserole is light, fluffy, and filled with just the right amount of Cheddar cheese. This recipe is perfect for any weeknight dinner, but it also works for a more elegant event.
- No Pasta LasagnaThis no pasta lasagna is one of our favorite zucchini and hamburger casserole recipes! If you love lasagna, but don't love a massive amount of carbs, then this yummy zucchini recipe is perfect for you.
- All Star Beefy Zucchini CasseroleThis delicious zucchini casserole with ground beef might be your new favorite way to eat zucchini! Cream of mushroom soup, rich ground beef (or ground chuck), and a few other favorite ingredients make this a dinner recipe you won't want to miss.
- Wholesome Zucchini CasseroleMade with zucchini, broccoli, eggs, milk, red pepper flakes, and chopped onion, this casserole uses easy-to-find ingredients that won't break your budget.
- Creamy Ranch Sausage and Zucchini BakeCreamy Ranch Sausage and Zucchini Bake is sliced fresh zucchini and crumbled sausage mixed with a creamy ranch sauce and baked to perfection with a melted layer of cheese to top it off.
- Chicken Penne Casserole with Corn and Zucchini"This healthy Chicken Penne Casserole with Corn and Zucchini is oozing with melted cheese and a smooth, creamy sauce! It’s the perfect clean eating dinner to showcase some of summer’s best produce!"
How to Choose the Perfect Zucchini
There have been many times when I've been standing in the produce section and I only pretend that I know what I'm doing. I just don't know how to choose any ripe vegetable or fruit, let alone a zucchini. I squeeze it lightly to make sure it won't turn to goo in my hand, but beyond that, I'm clueless. So I found some answers that will help both you and me as we try to figure out how to choose the perfect zucchini.
Fun fact you may not know already: zucchini can grow up to 2 inches in length every 24 hours. That's amazing! But in this case, bigger doesn't mean better.
Large zucchini tend to be flavorless and watery with large seeds inside. Pick a zucchini that is about 6-8 inches. It'll be better if that zucchini has a vibrant color. Zucchini can be green, yellow, or white, and it doesn't matter what color it is, as long as it's vibrant. Also, look for zucchini that have a good chunk of stem still attached, because they will last longer.
How to Store Zucchini
Something everyone struggles with is how to store your vegetables so they last as long as possible. You might be going grocery shopping for the week and you won't be using your zucchini right away.
So, how do you store zucchini so it'll be fresh by the time you make one of the amazing recipes above?
It's really simple if you want to refrigerate your zucchini. Keep your zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. It will last three to five days.
You can also freeze your zucchini if you don't need to use it within three to five days. You can chop up the zucchini and freeze it as is, but it might be worth blanching it before freezing it.
What's blanching, you ask? Basically, it's boiling the zucchini for a hot second (actually, it's about a minute). You'll deactivate the enzymes that would otherwise cause the zucchini to become mushy, discolored, and unusable in your zucchini recipes.
Don't blanch it for too long. If you do it for more than a minute, the zucchini will be cooked too much and that will make it mushy after thawing (yuck!). You also might want to freeze it twice.
If you have the time and space in your freezer, in order to avoid your sliced zucchini freezing into one large zucchini cube, freeze the zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat. Each piece of zucchini will freeze individually instead of in an unbreakable block.
Then you can put them in a freezer bag and later, when you need your frozen zucchini, it'll be easier for you to scoop out exactly what you need. No chisel required.
If you liked the easy zucchini casserole recipes in this collection, find more like this in our free eCookbook, Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Fully Loaded Chicken Potato Bake recipe is a super easy casserole recipe that will please your family any night of the week. This… Continue reading: "Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Bakevideocam"
- Beef and Biscuit Casserole
- Aunt Bee's Cheesy Potatoes
- John Wayne Casserole
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole
- Busy Night Minnesota Hot Dish
- Mama's Pizza Casserole
- Easy BBQ Tater Tot Casserole
- Church Potluck Dishes: 19 Best Casserole Recipes for a Crowd
- The Best Crescent Roll Casserole of the Year
- Dante's Favorite Beef Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Fried Spanish Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baked Potato on the Log Burner
- Pasta Alla Norma (Sicilian Eggplant And Tomato Pasta)
- Peppermint Dipped OREOS
- Breakfast Sliders
- Tic Tac Toe Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes