Buchteln, Austrian Baked Doughnuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Some special Sundays my Austrian grandmother would fluff up the dough, butter a tin, find a jar of plum preserve in the larder and magic them out of the oven an hour or so later. Served warm (BURNING HOT in my case) with obligatory vanilla sauce (custard to you and me as I discovered later). I didn’t much care for the sauce so I just stuffed my face with a warm Buchtel, plum jam running down my chin. They are like jam-filled bake doughnuts, or pull-apart sweet breakfast treat."
Preparation Time1 hr 30 min
Cooking Time20 min
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Gooey Stuffed Cinnamon Roll Bake
- Family Favorite Overnight Coffee Cake
- Ready-to-Go Breakfast Tacos
- Easy Morning Breakfast Quesadillas
- Monte Cristo Brunch Sandwiches
- Holy Cow Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Bacon Pancake Dippers
- Snickerdoodle Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Pie Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- 22 Baked French Toast Recipes
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes