Buchteln, Austrian Baked Doughnuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Some special Sundays my Austrian grandmother would fluff up the dough, butter a tin, find a jar of plum preserve in the larder and magic them out of the oven an hour or so later. Served warm (BURNING HOT in my case) with obligatory vanilla sauce (custard to you and me as I discovered later). I didn’t much care for the sauce so I just stuffed my face with a warm Buchtel, plum jam running down my chin. They are like jam-filled bake doughnuts, or pull-apart sweet breakfast treat."
Preparation Time1 hr 30 min
Cooking Time20 min
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Good Morning Crumb Cake
Sausage Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy
McDonalds Copycat Egg White Delight
Lemon-Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
Simple Homemade English Muffins
Southern Overnight Breakfast Bake
Mini Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns
Monte Cristo Brunch Sandwiches
Gooey Stuffed Cinnamon Roll Bake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Beef and Carrot Meatballs
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Kkakdugi (Korean Radish Kimchi)
- Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots
- Blackened Balsamic Cauliflower
- Mandarin Orange Coconut Bars for Mother's Day!
- Homemade Baked Potato Chips
- Tex Mex Pasta Baked Casserole
- Pork Meatloaf Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- Saag Paneer
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes