Gravy Smothered Sausage Meatloaf
Covered, smothered however you want to say it, this unique meatloaf is one of the best meatloaf recipes. Make up some Gravy Smothered Sausage Meatloaf alongside some mashed potatoes for the perfect comfort food dinner.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 pound sausage (Italian, breakfast, spicy, turkey), sausage casing removed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic pepper (includes salt)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning or to taste
- 1 medium, onion diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package of brown gravy mix
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix everything except the mushroom soup and package gravy mix.
- In a 9x9 or 9X13 pan, form the meat mixture into a ring (it cooks more evenly). Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with mushroom soup, pouring 1/3 of the can in the center of the meatloaf ring. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from oven. Prepare brown gravy as directed on the package.
- With a gravy ladle, scoop mushroom soup gravy out from center of meatloaf and add to prepared brown gravy (put aside or smother the meatoaf with gravy mix.)
- Remove meatloaf as a whole or in slices to a serving plate. Serve meatloaf with gravy on the side or smothered and with mashed potatoes.
Read NextClassic Salisbury Steak Recipe