17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
By: Nathan Maisel, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is nothing more American than the old west. Gun slinging bandits, sheriffs, John Wayne, tumble weed and some good ole cowboy recipes and western cooking are the first things that come to mind when we think of cowboys. Let us be the first to tell you that cowboy recipes are more than just baked beans over an open fire. The west was a vast land where not only cowboys and buffalo roamed, but where some delicious cowboy recipes and western cooking were enjoyed. So round up those kitchen utensils and strap on an apron because this list of delicious cowboy recipes can't be missed. With this collection of 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes, you can travel to the old west anytime by enjoying some delicious, western-style cooking at home.
17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
Table of Contents
How to Make Guacamole (shown)
If you don't know already, learn how to make guacamole with this easy recipe. It's a simple guacamole recipe that really showcases the avocados. You just need a few other ingredients to bring it all together. Bring this dip to parties and serve it as a special appetizer or snack that everyone will love. Homemade guacamole is so easy to make, you have no excuse not to!
Cowboy Crack - Reader Favorite!
Hungry for more? Don't miss our free eCookbook, Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes!
Cast Iron Skillet Texas Hash Recipe (shown)
- Made in our Test Kitchen!
This is a great cowboy dinner (or breakfast) recipe that comes together in just three easy steps. The cast iron skillet will ensure your meal cooks evenly throughout, and (if seasoned properly) will give it amazing flavor. Like any classic hash, this recipe calls for cubed potatoes and crisp bacon. The flavor is all in the seasoning. Once your hash is starting to crisp, salsa and cheese are added in to create even more zesty flavor.
Smoky BBQ Bean Bake (shown)
Do you have a weakness for Southern foods? Then check out Comfort Food: Our Top 25 Southern Recipes for more great ideas!
Cowboy Bark (shown)
If you've ever tried Trader Joe's Cowboy Bark, you know how addictive it is. Cowboy Bark is a copycat recipe for homemade candy bark that's just as good as the kind from Trader Joe's. This no bake recipe takes about 5 minutes to make and is loaded with satisfyingly sweet ingredients. Melted chocolate is topped with toffee bits, nuts, pretzels and Oreos.
Texas Yum Yum Cake (shown)
Made in our Test Kitchen!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- Dump and Go Dinners: 26 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + Bonus Easy Dessert Recipes
- The Best Funeral Foods: 18 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- "Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes" eCookbook
- 31 Easy Dinner Recipes for December
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- "50 Favorite American Recipes by State" eCookbook
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Steal The Show
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Meal From RecipeLion
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes