Snowy Mashed Potatoes
Use your electric mixer to whip these buttery potatoes into peaks that look like snowy hills. Snowy Mashed Potatoes are great during the colder months and perfect for your Thanksgiving table.
- 10 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup scallion, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and return pan to low heat, shaking to dry potatoes. In large bowl of electric mixer, cream together cheese, sour cream. Add hot potatoes one at a time to cream mixture and continue beating at high speed until light and fluffy.
- On low speed add minced scallions, celery, green pepper, parsley, 1/4 cup melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spoon into a 2 1/2 to 3 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.