Traditional Cornbread Dressing
As an original Thanksgiving staple, cornbread dressing belongs on every holiday table. Follow this easy recipe to create traditional cornbread dressing that's sure to please and impress guests.
Cooking Time40 min
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 11 cups cornbread
- 11 cups toasted wheat or white bread
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 beaten eggs
- 15 fresh sage leaves chopped
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 15 fresh oregano leaves chopped
- Saute the onion and celery in the butter until soft.
- Let the mixture cool down or it will cook the eggs.
- Break up the toast in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients except cornbread and mix well.
- Break up the corn bread and gently fold it in. Put the mixture in a casserole dish and cover it with foil.
- Put it in a preheated 350 degrees F oven and bake it for about 30 minutes or until well heated throughout..
- Take off the foil to crisp up the top and leave it in the oven for about 10 more minutes.