Pear and Date Dressing
This dressing is full of flavor with pears, dates, sourdough and honey. Pear and date dressing will compliment any turkey meal and is especially appropriate for Thanksgiving. Enjoy!
MAKE AHEAD: Bread cubes may be baked a day ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Dressing may be prepared up to 4 hours before baking. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to bake.
Cooking Time50 min
- 7 cups sourdough bread cubes (about 1 medium loaf)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pitted dated, chopped
- 1 cup pear nectar
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Spread bread cubes in two 15-in. x 10-in. baking pans. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes or until dried, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Add the pears, dates, nectar, thyme, pepper and salt; stir to combine.
- Transfer bread cubes to a large bowl. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Add pear mixture to bread cubes; toss gently. Drizzle with broth; toss gently just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until browned and heated through. Drizzle honey over top.