Bean, Cheese and Green Chile Stew
A simple stew recipe is all you need for dinner tonight. Bean, Cheese and Green Chile Stew is a wonderful blend of robust flavors. Cheesy and made with bacon, you wont be able to stop at one bowl.
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28-ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 can (7-ounces) Ortega diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 cans (15-ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook bacon in large saucepan until crispy. Remove bacon from pan; leave drippings.
- Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, celery, chiles, hot pepper sauce and vinegar; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pinto beans, cheese and cooked bacon; heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.