Beef and Brew Stew
Beef stew recipes are all the appetite can ask for on a brisk day. Beef and Beer Stew is a fork-tender beef stew recipe that will have you eating bowl after bowl. Loaded with garlic, onions, carrots, and chunks of chuck roast, it is slow cooked and seasoned with dark beer, brown sugar, and thyme to maximize the flavor. A hearty meal that the family will love, don't skip this bowl of beefy greatness.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time3 hr
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (10.75-ounces each) Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 2 cans (10.5-ounces each) Campbell's Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 bottle (12 fluid ounces) dark beer or stout
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole baby carrots
- Egg noodles, cooked, drained and buttered (to taste)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an oven-safe 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the beef in batches and cook until well browned, stirring often, adding an additional 1 tablespoon oil as needed during cooking. Remove the beef from the saucepot. Pour off any fat.
Heat the remaining oil in the saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir the soups, beer, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme, bay leaf and carrots in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Cover the saucepot.
Bake at 300 degrees F. for 2 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Serve the beef mixture over the noodles.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Stews"
For a hearty dinner any time of year, our stew recipes are just what you need. Whether you're in a mood for a savory beef stew recipe or one of our easy lamb stew recipes, you're all set!