Make a traditional stew tonight with Quick Ratatouille. This ratatouille recipe is made with the freshest vegetables and will feed any appetite in your house. Who said dinner ever had to be difficult?
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, large-diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped coarsley
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, halves and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In large skillet, heat canola oil over moderate heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, red pepper, tomatoes and zucchini; sauté about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in thyme, tomato paste, oregano, basil, sugar and salt. Simmer until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 15 minutes. Serve with crusty whole grain breads or over choice of whole wheat pasta or rice.
Read NextEasy Beef Stew Recipe