Shortcut Beef Stew
When you are in a hurry and need dinner on the table fast, our Shortcut Beef Stew is just the recipe for you. Featuring sauteed tender beef cubes, mixed vegetables and canned soup, it can be made in the skillet in minutes. Beef stew recipes have never been easier.
Easy Substitution: Substitute 5 cups frozen vegetables (carrots, small whole onions, cut green beans, cauliflower, zucchini, peas or lima beans) for the frozen vegetables for stew.
Easy Substitution: Substitute Campbell's® Condensed Beefy Mushroom Soup for the French Onion Soup.
Find more awesome Campbell's Kitchen recipes like this on our Campbell's profile page.
Serves4 (about 2 cups each)
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bag (24 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew (potatoes, carrots, celery)
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
Stir the soups, Worcestershire and vegetables in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Read NextOh My Gosh Beef Stew