Sausage, Chicken & Bean One Pot
With hearty chunks of sausage, chicken and beans, this one pot wonder recipe is the perfect filling winter meal. Sausage, Chicken and Bean One Pot is an easy one pot recipe that cuts down on cooking time and cleanup! When you need an easy dinner recipe to make on a chilly night, this one is perfect. It combines two types of sausage, chicken, cannellini beans, vegetables and more to create a delicious and nutritious meal the whole family will love.
This recipe was submitted as part of the Swiss Diamond One Pot Wonder Recipe Contest.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound andouille or liniguini sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chucks
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 large large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 - 4 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add Italian sausage, crumble into large pieces and brown, 5 - 10 minutes. Add the andouilli sausage and crisp at edges, 5 minutes. Remove browned sausages to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add chicken to the Dutch oven and season with salt and pepper. Lightly brown chicken on each side, then add veggies and bay leaf. Add more salt and pepper to taste and cook 10 - 20 minutes more to soften veggies.
- Add sausages back to the pan, then add beans and sage. Deglaze the pan with wine and stir in the stock. Let simmer for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and enjoy!
Read NextLeftover Turkey Stew