Classic English Scones
Feel like you're having tea in a little bistro in England, that's what these Classic English Scones will hopefully do for you. Not much simpler for easy scone recipes.
Cooking Time12 min
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Add all ingredients (except the egg) into large bowl.
- Mix until soft dough is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out. Cut in desired shape.
- Brush the top with a beaten egg and small amount of milk. Bake 350 degrees F for about 12 minutes.
Read NextEnglish Toffee Scones
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jan 26, 2017
This is a nice scone recipe. I'm definitely going to make it. The best way to eat these is to butter them and then add strawberry or apricot jam and whipped cream. Yumm. Another alternative would be to add in some dried fruit then eat them with just butter. Absolutely heavenly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use