Classic English Scones
Feel like you're having tea in a little bistro in England, that's what these Classic English Scones will hopefully do for you. Not much simpler for easy scone recipes.
Cooking Time12 min
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Add all ingredients (except the egg) into large bowl.
- Mix until soft dough is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out. Cut in desired shape.
- Brush the top with a beaten egg and small amount of milk. Bake 350 degrees F for about 12 minutes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Scones"
Learn how to make scones with this collection of the best scone recipes. Use a basic scone recipe or get a little fancy with a blueberry scone recipe or cranberry scone recipe.
There are no records