Nothing goes better with a warm cup of coffee than a sweet fruit scone. These Strawberry Scones are perfectly sweetened and make for one of the best scone recipes. Try them for breakfast or dessert. Enjoy.
- 2 cups all purpose flour plus 1 to 2 teaspoons for flouring work surface
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling on top
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted cold butter, cut into 1/4 -inch cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup strawberry 0% Chobani greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Add butter, using hands or fork, work until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in strawberries, and then Chobani to hold dough together. Do not overmix.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and with floured hands, knead 2 to 3 times.
- Gently press dough into rectangle, about 1 1/2-inches thick. Fold rectangle into thirds, like a letter. Press dough into 9-inch round. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges on a parchment-paper-covered cookie sheet. Sprinkle each wedge with a little sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Read NextBest Glazed Maple Pecan Scones