Sweet Potato Biscuits
In terms of both health and taste, Sweet Potato Biscuits are a great alternative to the white-flour, butter-slathered buns served at most Thanksgiving tables. These biscuits are both savory and sweet.
Cooking Time17 min
- 1 cup sifted bread flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- cold milk to make a soft dough (depends on moisture content of potatoes)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and sift into mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter, rubbing it in with tips of fingers.
- Add sweet potatoes, then 2 to 4 tablespoons of milk. Mix.
- Knead for 30 seconds on floured board.
- Pat lightly into a sheet 1/2" thick, and cut with cutter.
- Place biscuits on a very lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in a 450 degrees F oven for 12-17 minutes. Serve hot.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Scones"
Learn how to make scones with this collection of the best scone recipes. Use a basic scone recipe or get a little fancy with a blueberry scone recipe or cranberry scone recipe.
There are no records