KFC Coleslaw Recipe
This tangy coleslaw requires no preparation time and can be stored for days. KFC copycat recipes are always delicious, and this one is an all-time favorite. When you're preparing for your next picnic or potluck with friends, consider this easy coleslaw recipe. It's always a crowd pleaser any time it's served and it couldn't be any easier to make. If all restaurant copycat recipes were this simple and delicious, we'd never cook anything else! This KFC coleslaw recipe tastes great by itself, but we recommend serving it with fried chicken or on a pulled pork sandwich. When a side dish can enhance a main dish, you know it's done its job.
Don't stop now that you've learned how to make KFC coleslaw! Our round-up of 11 Irresistible KFC Restaurant Copycat Recipes will help you make full meals exactly like your restaurant favorites.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time8 hr
- 8 1/8 cups cabbage
- 1/3 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Core the cabbage, then shred using the slicing disk for the shredder attachment to the food processor.
- Shred the carrot the same way or use pre-shredded carrots.
- Mix together cabbage, carrot and onion.
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, milk, and lemon juice with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the sugar to the sauce until well mixed in.
- Add the sauce to the cabbage and carrot mixture. Mix well and allow the mixture to marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. Mix thoroughly before serving.