Cracker Barrel Copycat Old Country Store Country Green Beans
This cracker barrel copycat old country store country green beans is a mouthful to say as well as to eat! Our cracker barrel restaurant recipes taste so close to the real thing that you'll swear you're eating them at the actual restaurant!
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole green beans, with liquid
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until lightly brown but not crisp.
- When bacon has browned, add green beans. Add salt, sugar and pepper and mix well.
- Place onion on top of green beans.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and bring to a light boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer beans for 45 minutes.