100% Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
A healthier muffin made with buttermilk and whole wheat flour, these are great for a breakfast on-the-go. Pack them for work as an afternoon snack or sneak some into the kid's lunches.
Cooking Time35 min
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Sift together the flour and baking soda.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg whites, oil, and honey until creamy, then stir in the blueberries. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold together with a rubber spatula until the batter is moist yet remains slightly lumpy.
3. Pour into muffin cups and bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Read NextAmish Breakfast Puffs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use