Stacked Black Bean Enchilada Pie
Stacked Black Bean Enchilada Pie brings on a whole new look to traditional Mexican recipes with this easy and delicious version. Jam packed with cheese and beans, and seasoned with the wonderful cilantro, this dish will become one of your favorites. It's made in a round pan, so you serve it in triangles. It's a fun look for a Mexican dish. Try it at your next Mexican Monday fiesta.
- For the Pie:
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeo pepper, minced
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 - ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced (optional)
- For the Enchilada Sauce:
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 - ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the tortillas with a paring knife, to fit in a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For the sauce, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes, until it begins to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- For the filling, heat 1 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the jalapeño, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the beans, corn, and green onions. Remove from heat and setaside.
- In a greased springform pan, place a generous 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce. Spread it to the edges with the back of a spoon and place 1 tortilla on top.
- Place another heaping 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce on top of the tortilla,smoothing out to the sides.
- Sprinkle with a heaping 1/2 cup of the black beanmixture.
- Then sprinkle with about a 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Repeat the layers of tortilla, sauce, black beans, and cheese 4 more times.
- After the last tortilla is stacked, pour over the remaining sauce and remaining cheese.
- Place the spring form pan on top of a cookie sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife along the sides of the pan before you remove the side.
- To serve, slice into wedges and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Mexican Recipes"
This collection of Mexican recipes includes perennial favorites, such as enchiladas, tacos, and tortilla soup. Find everything from soup and salad to dessert.