Easy Beef Chimichangas
Make traditional Mexican recipes in the comforts of your own home. Stuffed with cheese and ground beef, these magnificent Beef Chimichangas are just like the ones you get at the restaurant. Crispy and filing, you'll love 'em.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1.5-ounces) package of Ortega Burrito Seasoning
- 8 (8-inch) soft-taco sized flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 jar of Ortega salsa- homestyle recipe (mild)
- guacamole, to garnish (optional)
- Brown beef; drain.
- Stir in water and burrito seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Place beef mixture evenly on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold into burritos; secure ends with wooden picks.
- Add vegetable oil to 1-inch depth in medium skillet; heat over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place 1 or 2 burritos in oil; fry, turning frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon; drain.
- Repeat with remaining burritos. Remove wooden picks. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Read NextChicken Sheet Pan Quesadilla