Ranchero Mac and Cheese Bake
Say goodbye to bland, watery macaroni and cheese with neon orange sauce! This kicked-up recipe for a Tex-Mex inspired Ranchero Mac and Cheese Bake will truly show you how good homemade macaroni and cheese can be. This tasty twist on a traditional cheese sauce recipe uses Picante sauce for a subtle spice dimension, while the crunch factor from the crushed tortilla chips adds an amazing texture. With only six ingredients, this stunning, easy Ranchero Mac and Cheese Bake can be yours -- give it a try!
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 1 can (26 ounces) Campbells® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce - Medium
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 12 ounces (3 cups) elbow-shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 ounces tortilla chips, coarsely crushed (about 1 cup)
Note: Serves 12 as a side dish.
Stir the soup, milk, Picante sauce, cheese and pasta in a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
Bake at 400°F. for 20 minutes or until the pasta mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the pasta mixture. Sprinkle with the tortilla chips.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the tortilla chips are golden brown.
Want more recipes for your fiesta? Learn How to Make Guacamole at Home and you'll never be a slave to store-bought or restaurant versions again!How to Make Guacamole at Home
Read NextBaked Taco Ring