Chicken Long Rice
Liven up chicken and rice with a spike of ginger. Chicken and Long Rice is a fast and nutritious Hawaiian meal.
- 1 chicken, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 inch sliced ginger, crushed
- 1 bundle long rice, soaked to soften
- salt to taste
- 3 stalks green onions
1. Place chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Add ginger and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer about 45 minutes to an hour, or until meat falls away from the bones.
2. Remove chicken from broth and discard bones. Return chicken to broth and add long rice. Simmer until about half of the broth is absorbed by the long rice. Season with salt and add green onions just before serving.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Hawaiian Recipes"
Try a recipe for poi or learn how to have a pig roast. You'll find these and many other Hawaiian recipes.