Classic Oven Fried Fish
Everyone needs some cookbook staples. For a go-to fried fish recipe that you'll cherish for years, try this Classic Oven Fried Fish. With a cornmeal-breadcrumb crust and fast fry time, it's a quick and tasty dinner.
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fish fillets, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- lemon halves tied in cheesecloth, for garnish
- flat-leaf parsley spring, for garnish
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish in milk, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13 inch by 9 inch by 2 inch pan, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with lemon and parsley, if desired.