Classic Oven Fried Fish
Everyone needs some cookbook staples. For a go-to fried fish recipe that you'll cherish for years, try this Classic Oven Fried Fish. With a cornmeal-breadcrumb crust and fast fry time, it's a quick and tasty dinner.
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fish fillets, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- lemon halves tied in cheesecloth, for garnish
- flat-leaf parsley spring, for garnish
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish in milk, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13 inch by 9 inch by 2 inch pan, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with lemon and parsley, if desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Fish"
We're cookin' up one of these fish recipes for dinner tonight! From baked fish recipes to grilled fish recipes and more, we've got some of the best easy fish recipes using cod, tuna, salmon, catfish, and more.
There are no records