Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica
This restaurant copycat pasta dish is loaded with flavor. Between the shrimp, chicken, pancetta and the creamy sauce, this isn't a dish you will soon forget.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 ounce pancetta or bacon
- 18 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 4 1/2 cups sauce (from recipe below)
- 48 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 3 teaspoons pimento
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon shallots, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
Gratinata Sauce (The sauce uses the ingredients listed from butter through heavy cream)
- Saute butter, garlic , and rosemary until garlic begins to brown. Add Marsala wine and reduce by one-third. Add remaining ingredients and reduce by half of original volume. Set aside.
- Saute pancetta until begins to brown. Add butter, shallots, and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are evenly pick but still translucent. Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly. Add gratinata sauce and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and simmer until sauce thickens.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and chicken mixture with precooked pasta. Place this mixture into single serving dishes or one large casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and pimientos and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 475 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.