Low fat Eggs with Mushrooms and Peas
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 4 cups water
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup lite evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup canned peas, drained
- 6 slices whole wheat toast
- finely minced parsley
1. In large nonstick saucepan over high heat, bring water to boil. Add eggs and boil for 6 minutes.
2. Remove eggs from stove, drain and peel under cold water. Discard egg yolks and dice egg whites; set aside.
3. In nonstick skillet over high heat; bring broth to boil. Add mushrooms to broth and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Sprinkle mushrooms with corn starch and slowly add milk. Cook stirring constantly until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low.
5. Add pepper, chives and peas; cook for 3 to 4 minutes until sauce thickens; stirring constantly. Add diced egg whites and heat through.
Serve over toast, sprinkle with paprika and parsley.