Eggs In Tomato Sauce
Make a great egg recipe for dinner tonight. This simple dish is great for a quick weeknight dinner. Wonderfully seasoned with coriander and cumin, it will become one of your favorites. Dip with some bread so you don't miss a bite. Enjoy.
Follow along and learn more about this recipe with this simple video:
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time12 min
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsed chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Take deep frying pan and add olive oil and garlic. Let it cook until you feel strong smell of garlic, it takes about minute or so.
- Then add all the spices and mix well with oil. Let it cook for 10-30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt and parsley. Bring to boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then crack the eggs into sauce, pop the lid on and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Cook for 5 minutes if you like your egg yolks gooey or 7 minutes if you like egg yolks completely cooked.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle fresh parsley for garnish and serve hot with beautiful white bread for dipping.