Easy Proper Scotch Eggs with Mustard Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Every other Sunday, we would go to on holiday to the seaside, and Brighton Beach was my favourite. Scotch Eggs always filled our picnic basket, along with some Derby Cheese, pickled onions, piccalilli, flaky sausage rolls, scones, and tarts. If I was a good girl, Mum would surprise me with a small paper bag full of pear drops. I could spend the entire day frolicking at the seaside, filling the empty picnic basket with the most beautiful hand-picked pebbles I was able to discover. Now that I’m an adult, living in Canada, when I hear Scotch Eggs, it brings me right back to that exact time and place when life seemed so much simpler."
Panko burns quick, so do not make your oil too hot!
Many people eat these with soft or medium boiled eggs.
These go pretty quick, so I fried two at a time and prepped the next two while they cooked.
Preparation Time20 min
Chilling Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 24 ounces ground pork or ground meat of choice
- 2 cups flour
- 4 cups panko
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 hard (or soft) boiled eggs, cooled
- Vegetable oil for frying
Boil eggs, cool, peel and set aside
Mix the sausage, garlic powder and pepper and set aside
Split the sausage into 8 equals size balls
Form each ball of sausage into a thin patty, approximately 4 inches around
Place an egg into the center of each patty and form it around the egg, making sure to completely seal it. Set aside
After all eight eggs are wrapped in sausage, set up three bowls for dipping. One with the flour, one with the beaten egg and one with the Panko
Roll each egg in the flour, then the beaten egg, and then the Panko. Gently press the Panko into the sausage to completely cover it. Set aside
When your oil is heated to 340 degrees, gently lower one egg at a time into it. You can fry two at time
Cook for 4-5 minutes or until a deep golden brown all the way around.
Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels. Serve with Dijon or spicy mustard sauce
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Lazy Girl's Poached Chicken Breast Tenders
- Greek Lasagna & Garlic Toast Cups
- 5-Ingredient Penne with Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Devilish Fudgy Double Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Spanish Saffron Rice with Spicy Mushrooms & Onions
- Dump-and-Go 4-Ingredient Baked Pork Chops
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Passata Made with Roma Tomatoes
- One-Pot Creamy Spinach Chicken Pasta
- Rice Pudding
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes