Maryland Crab Quiche
There is nothing better than a good quiche recipe. Easy to make, this wonderful dish is packed with cheese and crab, making it impossible to eat just one slice. Fluffy and delicious make Maryland Crab Quiche tonight.
- 7 1/2 ounces fresh lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Colley cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- pie crust for 9-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust as directed. Place pastry on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Over the dough, sprinkle all of the crab meat, then all of the cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream, onion, salt and cayenne until blended. Pour mixture over crab meat and cheese. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet; set on middle rack in oven. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
- Bake 30 minutes more or until knife, when inserted, comes out clean. Remove quiche from oven; let cool 10 minutes. Cut and serve warm
Read NextBacon Potato Quiche Casserole