Danish Potato, Tomato, and Bacon Omelette
Recipes with bacon are always crowd-pleasers, and this Danish Potato, Tomato, and Bacon Omelette leaves little to be desired. Feel free to experiment with this bacon omelette recipe. Add asparagus and cheese for a savory brunch version.
As an alternative to Danish bacon, lean slab bacon with the rind removed can also be used.
- 1/2 pound sliced Danish bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over moderate heat until almost crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the fat. Add the potato, onion, and tomato, and stir until the potato is softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, pour over the vegetables, and stir slightly. Add the bacon, chives, and pepper and stir. Bake in the oven until the omelette is set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Egg Recipes"
Hundreds of quick and easy egg recipes and recipes using egg, including deviled egg recipes, egg salad recipes, egg dish recipes and recipes with egg whites.