Perfect for breakfast or for dinner, this wonderful egg recipe is loaded with flavor. Seasoned with fresh thyme and packed with mushrooms, it is baked until it is puffed and golden brown. Just having one slice isn't an option.
Follow along with this recipe video to see how the dish is prepared:
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced to half-moon shapes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly ground
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- In shallow oven safe skillet, on medium high heat melt butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Then add onion and caramelize it for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to get color.
- Add mushrooms and thyme. Caramelize them for 4-5 minutes or until they start to caramelize.
- Meanwhile mix well eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano, truffle oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover the mushrooms with butter, sprinkle the rest of Parmigiano Reggiano and pop into oven for about 15 minutes or until frittata is puffed and golden.
- Sprinkle the rest of parsley, serve and enjoy!