Pennsylvania Style Souffle Omelette
If you were looking for easy omelette recipes but want something just a little bit different, we've found what you're looking for! This Pennsylvania Style Souffle Omelette from The Inn at Bowman's Hill is beyond delicious. Make one at home for your own B&B style brunch.
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil (as needed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- diced sharp Cheddar cheese (optional)
- grape tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Add 1/8” vegetable oil to an 8” non-stick pan on low heat. Separate the egg white from the yolks. Beat the egg white until firm but not overly stiff.
- Add the egg white to the pan. The mixture should still flow. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Allow to fry for 3 to 4 minutes until light brown. Lightly fold in the egg yolks over the surface of the white.
- Add optional fillings in a strip down the center. Carefully fold the omelette in half.
- Turn to high heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn over and repeat. Serve immediately.
- The soufflé omelette should be ½” to 1 ½” thick with a soft center and a crispy outside.
Read NextBacon Potato Quiche Casserole