Hard Boiled Egg Casserole
You might never have thought of any Campbells mushroom soup recipes in terms of much other than the traditional green bean casserole, but this is one of those really unusual Campbells soup recipes that is incredibly delicious! It's a perfect breakfast with a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice.
If you're looking for more, delicious Campbell's soup recipes, please click here.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 5 tablespoons dairy sour cream or cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounce) Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut peeled eggs lengthwise into halves. Carefully remove yolks and set whites aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl mash yolks and blend in sour cream, mustard and salt. Fill whites with this yolk mixture.
3. In a large iron skillet melt butter until bubbling. Saute green bell pepper, red bell pepper and onion in butter until they just become tender (do not over-saute').
4. Remove from heat and stir in soup and sour cream. Spread one-half the soup/sour cream mixture in the shallow baking dish (about 1-1/2 quart) and add eggs (cut side up) in single layer (the mixture, if thick enough, will help somewhat keep the eggs from overturning, but if some do, don't worry about it).
5. Carefully pour remaining soup mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake 20 minutes in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until heated thoroughly and cheese melts.
Read NextMust Have Classic Deviled Eggs