Eggs in a Ham Basket
If you're looking for delicious and easy breakfast recipes, try Eggs in a Ham Basket! Its delectable combination of herbs and Dijon mustard make it a quick favorite. It's also a great idea for easy Mother's Day breakfast recipes!
Mother’s Day tip: Cherry tomatoes make great “eyes” and chives can be used to create a smiley face.
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or half n half
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 to 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices ham, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Put aside 1 tsp each of the herbs, the cherry tomatoes and 1/4 cup of cheese to top the eggs.
- Whisk all other ingredients, except for the ham together in a bowl.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin (if using a 'Texas-size' tin, you'll need to double the recipe).
- Fit ham slices in each muffin slot and fold slightly to fit, making a 'cup' for the egg mixture. The edges will come up over the top, you want that! They will also char slightly when cooking, that's ok, too.
- Pour egg mixture into each 'ham cup' to about 3/4 full (they will rise).
- Place 2 halves of cherry tomato on top. Top that with remaining cheese & herbs.
- Fill the empty muffin slots with water, about 1/2-3/4 full, to aid cooking (good idea for any baking to fill those empty slots).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
Read NextBacon Potato Quiche Casserole