How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Baking a pumpkin pie is a fantastic way to welcome the season change and those cooler autumn months. If you're like most of us, you rely on your favorite canned pumpkin in order to create your delicious pies. But why not try your hand at DIY pumpkin puree? This homemade pumpkin puree is incredibly easy. It takes only a few minutes of prep and a bit of cooking time to produce a creamy puree. You can feel better knowing that your pie is made with fresh ingredients.
And an even better perk to making fresh pumpkin puree is that you can use it in a variety of recipes. Pumpkin is a versatile ingredient that can be used in pies, cookies, breads, oatmeal, curry, smoothies, homemade lattes, and even mac and cheese. The list is nearly endless. All you need for this Homemade Pumpkin Puree recipe is a small baking pumpkin, an oven, and a food processor. Keep this easy recipe in mind as you start planning your autumn and Thanksgiving feasts!
NotesNote: Remember to choose a small baking pumpkin for this recipe. These are grown specifically for cooking and baking purposes. Look for sugar pumpkins when you go to the store. These are small, easier to cut, and sweeter tasting than large carving pumpkins.
For more pumpkin and Thanksgiving-inspired recipes, try 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu from RecipeLion
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Wash the outside of the pumpkin and slice off the very top to remove the stem.
Cut the pumpkin in half, starting from where the stem was. Remove the seeds and fibers.
Place the pumpkin halves on a baking sheet (with the rind side down) and cook for 45 minutes.
Peel the skin off of the pumpkin.
Cube the peeled pumpkin and toss into a food processor.
Pulse the food processor until the pumpkin is completely smooth.
Use the pumpkin puree immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Now that you know how to make your own fresh pumpkin puree, here are a few recipes where you can use all of that creamy goodness.
Carrot Pumpkin Soup
Cozy up to this delicious carrot and pumpkin soup. Wrap your hands around a warm bowl of this soup to keep the winter blues at bay.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
It just wouldn't be autumn without a fantastic pumpkin dessert to grace your dinner table.
5 Minute Pumpkin Pie Dip
This intriguing dessert is a great party dish that will keep your guests coming back for seconds and thirds!
If you love fall recipes as much as we do, try these 27 of Our Best Canned Pumpkin Recipes + 6 Fantastic Fresh Pumpkin Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you're looking for a soup recipe you can make anytime you've got soup on the mind, this is the one! Tried and True Italian Pasta… Continue reading: "Tried and True Italian Pasta Soupvideocam"
- 31 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- 30 Good Old Recipes from Grandma's Kitchen
- The Best Funeral Foods: 21 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 18 Best Recipes with Coca-Cola
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes
- How To Use Your Recipe Box on RecipeLion
- 19 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- 36 Dump and Go Dinner Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cheese Bread Dumplings
- Egg Milk Gravy
- Mini Idli Sambar | Hotel Style Idli Sambar Tiffin | Ghee Idli Sambar
- Hi Hat Cupcakes
- Doritos Taco Salad
- Southern Pimento Cheese
- Pasta E Fagioli
- Throw A Tapas Party For 4 People For Just $15
- Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Easy Cherry Dump Cake
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes