24 Southern Comforts: Classic Country Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We simply can't get enough of good old-fashioned country recipes and it seems neither can our readers! Whether it's fried chicken recipes, cobbler recipes, chicken and dumplings, biscuit recipes, or pecan pie; the message is clear, we're all in love with the goodness of country cooking.
We've been scouring our recipe vaults and asking around and we've found 24 of our best country recipes that you the readers adore. So dig in and savor this collection of 24 Southern Comforts: Classic Country Recipes. These are the kind of country recipes that bring the essence of comfort food right to your table. Down-home masterpieces like these country recipes will surely be making multiple appearances in your kitchen in no time. Now it's time to get to your country cooking!
Don't miss our free eCookbook, 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes.
24 Southern Comforts:
Classic Country Recipes
Table of Contents
The main dish is the heart of the meal and one of the best aspects to country cooking. Whether you're a fried chicken, pulled pork or finger-licking ribs kinda gal or guy, the main dish country recipes are what keep you coming back! Now let's dig into these southern favorites.
- Finger Lickin' Good Fried Chicken (shown) - classic crispy fried chicken
- Juicy Southern Fried Chicken - a salt brinemakes the chicken super moist
- Southern Chicken Fried Chicken - it tastes like chicken!
- Chicken Fried Steak Bites with Country Gravy - just pop 'em in your mouth
- "Good Gravy!" Chicken Fried Steak (show at top) - a great family meal
- Country Oven Fried Chicken - We love this chicken dish because it's still got the taste of country recipes but its oven fried!
- Southern Smothered Chicken and Gravy - The gravy is the best part.
- Slow Cooked Carolina Beef Brisket - It cooks all day to get the best flavor.
- Southern-Style Barbecued Chicken - Six ingredients is all you need.
- Aunt Jane's Famous Baby Back Ribs - full of flavor
Find more recipes like this in our collection of 13 Best Chicken Fried Steak Recipes.
Now that you've got your main dishes covered let's dig into all these amazing county recipes for side dishes. Whether you are a potato lover, corn chowder, grits or corn bread person, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
- Baked Cheese Grits - This recipe for baked cheese grits will convince even the weary why they should love grits. Delicious and easy!
- Southern Gal Biscuits - serve with breakfast or dinner
- Homemade Pickle Crisps (shown) - there's nothing like them
- Boston Market Copycat Cornbread - This recipe uses just 5 ingredients.
- Jim 'N Nick's Cheesy Biscuits - irresistibly soft, Cheddar biscuits
- Southern Belle Bisquick Cornbread - This cornbread is perfect, sweet and wonderful - just like a southern belle.
- Easy Fried Green Tomatoes - A great way to get those veggies on the table, these fried green tomatoes are a southern classic.
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw - Tested in our test kitchen
It's time to finish off your meal with nice helping of some southern hospitality - thanks to these desserts! One of the best things about country cooking is the American classic dessert recipes you can find, like cobbler and apple pie.
- Southern Peach Cobbler - Mmm mm good, this is one of the best peach cobbler recipes we've ever tried.
- Best Ever Mississippi Mud Cake - This rich, chocolate cake is topped with decadence.
- Must-Make Hummingbird Cake - a classic Southern dessert
- Southern Chocolate Chess Pie - This pie will be done in one hour.
- The Real Deal Banana Pudding (shown) - Homemade meringue makes this dish perfect
- Classic Bread Pudding - Dig into another southern comfort that will have people lining up for seconds.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Southern Fried Bacon and Cabbage is the perfect cabbage recipe for a quick and easy dinner. If you have had a long day and you… Continue reading: "Southern Fried Cabbagevideocam"
- Grandma's Favorites: 19 Vintage Recipes
- The Best Funeral Foods: 21 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- 10 Recipes Using Apple Pie Filling
- 31 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- 30 Good Old Recipes from Grandma's Kitchen
- 19 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals Free eCookbook
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crispy Bacon & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Amish Baked Oatmeal With Apples
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Pumpkin Dip
- Frankenstein Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Homemade Orange Julius Recipe
- Delicious 3-bean Spanish Vegan Paella
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes