Stephanie's Slow Cooker Taco Dip
This Taco Dip makes a great Super Bowl recipe, because you can just dump everything in the Slow Cooker in advance, and let it do its magic while you're preparing other things. Leave the slow cooker on warm during the party, and let the guests dip away!
There is a wide range of cooking times because many of the newer slow cookers cook much faster than the older models. You know your slow cooker best. Check to see if the cheese is melted after 1 hour. If you have an older slow cooker, you may need to cook as long as 4 hours.
Click here for more great Super Bowl recipes.
Cooking Time4 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-ounce) chili beans
- 1 can (4.5-ounce) chopped green chiles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar or American cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (mild or hot, depending on your tastes)
- Brown ground beef in a skillet.
- Drain fat, and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 1-4 hours (see note), until cheese is melted.
- Switch slow cooker to warm setting. Serve with tortilla chips.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use