Slow Cooker Western Egg Strata
Perfect for the holidays when you have to feed a big crowd, Slow Cooker Western Egg Strata is a fully loaded breakfast recipe made in the slow cooker. Put in the ingredients the night before and in the morning wake up to breakfast ready and made for you. Loaded with pieces of ham, onion, green pepper, and Cheddar cheese, it is a flavor slow cooker recipe that the family will love.
Serves12 (about 1 1/2 cups each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time7 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker, Casserole
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® White Sandwich Bread, cut into cubes
- 3 cups frozen diced potatoes (hash browns)
- 1 pound maple-flavored ham steak, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1 can (10.75-ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
Spray the inside of a 5-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray. Layer half the bread cubes, potatoes, ham, onion, pepper and cheese in the cooker. Repeat the layers.
Beat the soup, eggs and milk in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour over the bread mixture. Press the bread mixture into the soup mixture to coat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until it's set.