The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
How to Make a Homemade Hamburger on a Budget
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If money is a bit tight for you lately and you're looking for great hamburger recipes on a budget then look no further. Don’t let the little fact that you're not rolling in the benjamins get in the way of you enjoying great meals. There are plenty of ways to make the best of your situation and still eat well. Soon you’ll know how to make good hamburgers without cutting too much into your bank account.
Everyone in your town will want to eat at your place when they learn that you know how to make a homemade hamburger with juicy hamburger patties. No grill? That’s okay. This includes instructions for broiling hamburgers, preparing them on your stovetop, and even how to make oven baked hamburgers! Here's a basic recipe for hamburgers to get you started. It's even called Basic Easy Hamburgers!
Hamburgers are essentially pretty simple, but most people forget the most important step: marinating. The trick to amazing hamburgers is to have them soak up the delicious flavors of Worcestershire sauce, Dale’s seasoning, or another similar product before they are ever even cooked.
- First, you choose your ground beef with the amount of leanness that you prefer.
- Next, using your washed hands, pack a ball of raw ground beef of desired size into a hamburger patty shape.
- Place hamburger patty into a sandwich sized Ziploc bag and add a small amount of seasoning sauce.
- Close bag completely and shake so that the sauce is well distributed, then place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for your desired amount of time. (from 1 hour to overnight)
There are many different ways to cook a hamburger. You can even use our special copycat recipe to make your own version of a McDonald's Big Mac. Many people enjoy grilling hamburgers, but since you're on a budget you probably won’t have that luxury. Instead, consider cooking your juicy hamburger patties in a nontraditional way.
One easy way of cooking a hamburger is right on your stove top!
- In a small pan, cook on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes on one side, then flip. Cook with extra seasoning sauce if desired.
- Be sure to separate cooked fat from hamburger patty and throw away before eating.
- If your patty is particularly thick, be sure to cut it to test that the center is fully cooked before taking off of the heat. Never eat undercooked meat.
Another excellent way to make a great hamburger is to simply broil it in the oven. This is particularly great if you’d like to add cheese to make it a cheeseburger.
- Place patties into a pan and set your oven to broil. Be careful not to let the patties get too close to heat source because they can be easily burned.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side and then flip.
- If adding cheese, be sure to add it only a minute or two before cooking is complete.
- Once again, be sure to check to make sure that patties are fully cooked.
Finally, hamburgers can also be baked in the oven. For oven baked hamburgers:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place patties in casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Check on patties so see if they are well cooked and flip them. Cook for an additional 10 minutes is necessary.
- Add cheese 2 minutes before hamburgers are done cooking.
Knowing how to make a homemade hamburger is a useful skill, no matter who you are. If you'd like to make things even more budget friendly, get you and your friends to go in together on the food purchases and have a little dinner party. Everyone who comes will surely be impressed by your culinary skills. Bravo!
- If you'd like more information on how to make and what to serve with hamburgers then check out these 23 Great Hamburger Recipes to Try Right Now!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Who doesn't love a delicious savory meatball recipe? This Grandma's Favorite Meatballs recipe is definitely Grandma's favorite for a… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Meatballsvideocam"
- How to Use Up Eggs: 50+ Recipes and Smart Ideas
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- Is White Vinegar the Same as White Wine Vinegar?
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- Do You Peel Zucchini?
- Ground Chuck vs. Ground Beef
- What to do with Fresh Picked Strawberries: 19 Delectable Recipes and Ideas
- How to Drain Ground Beef
- Can You Make Cool Whip Frosting Thicker?
- Can You Freeze Shredded Cabbage for Coleslaw?
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Pad Thai Recipe
- Rainbow Popsicles
- Ice Cream Pie
- Ranch Flavored Pretzel Nibs
- Chocolate Castella Cake
- Dole Whip
- Cucumber Dill Sauce
- Best Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Spanish Chickpeas & Sweet Potatoes In A Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes